Thursday, July 06, 2006

6th July 06 - Futures Vs Stocks


Just happened to chance upon the website of Robbins World Cup Trading Championships.

Isn't that interesting that futures yield a better returns when compared to stocks? I know right in some of your minds, this phrase "futures high risk high return" maybe yelling at you. Yes, futures if not managed correctly can result in a trader losing the capital very quickly. However, stories of people losing their hard-earned savings in the stock market are commonplace too, isn't it? It's amazing how the stock players feel so much better losing their money slowly.


The fact remains that 90% of traders/investors lose $$ in the markets be it you stick your foot in stocks, futures, bonds or mutual funds. To me, I think the good thing about futures is that if one don't manage futures well, his/her account will suffer a hemorrhage and he/she will be out of the game and gets on with his/her life. On the other hand, stocks players' accounts usually suffer a slow death, depleting bit by bit until there's nothing left.

Enough of the doom and gloom... The most compelling reason why I stick to futures is that if I am capable to be the 10% that consistently make $$ in the markets, I will make alot more from futures than stocks. Cool, ya?

PS: I nearly fell off my chair when I got the response for my 1st Trading Mastermind Program. 40% of the seats are snatched up within 2 days of the sneak preview. Thanks for all the support :)

No comments: