Tuesday, August 22, 2006

22th August 06 - A Nice Sell-Off

Dear frens,
I haven't been updating the blog recently as I was busy preparing for my 1st Trading Mastermind Programme. It was held last Sat and Sun and I am very excited to have 11 participants this time. What I can say is that they are very commited traders and it was my honour to share my knowledge with them. Believe me, I also learnt a fair deal from them in those 2 days.

Right after the programme, today the market gave a Time-Frame Lag signal. Using that, I made some quick buck from shorting the Hang Seng (from 17,030 to 17,010) in the afternoon session. At the same time, the S&P system also gave a short signal. So, I shorted e-minis @ 1304.50 and just covered it @ 1301.50 and 1299.50.

As you might already realised, all of the Asian regional futures sold past their previous day lows and close below them. As such, I believe that the US markets might follow suit, possibly with DJIA cash closing below 11,317. Well let's see if it happens.

Personally, I have also shorted SIMSCI @ 281.7 today afternoon. Looking at the strong recovery towards the end, I reckon that it might not be a great idea to hold the shorts too long.

To be making $$ consistently in the markets, one have to respect the markets. Doesn't mean you shorted the markets and the markets have to go down for you. Remember, the markets have no obligations to hit your profit levels but have every right to go for your stops. Plan your trade and trade your plan; this is the only way to consistency :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After spending two days studying futures trading system I've decided that it's time for a break!