Sunday, June 18, 2006

18th June 06 - Facts, Do They Matter ???

"The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them."
- Samuel McChord Crothers

This quote is so true. In trading, we are bombarded by tons of facts and news, possibly explaining every movement of the market. One moment, when the market soars, the headlines boast of a booming economy. The next moment, when the market comes off, the usual suspects would be 'interest rates concerns', 'bird flu', 'profit taking' and yada yada ... A irony which me and my friends usually joke about during coffee is: If there's so much profit to take, then how come 90% of the traders are still losing ??? Clueless, ya?

The interesting fact of facts and news is that they are always late. The 'stories' only comes out after it has happened and impacted the markets. However, I do have a way to make $$ outta facts and news although they are late ... Got your attention, ya?

Dear readers, I will reveal my "trading on news" system in my next post. Well, before I do that, can I borrow 1 min of your time to write down some comments (click on the COMMENT below) about my sharings so far? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm looking forward to your trading the news

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more tips coming from you!

duff said...

This blog is so insightful. And each posting is so different from the others.

5 stars out of 5!
Keep it up!

Élysée said...

think that ur blog is interesting=)

yup.